Thomson Gale is a publishing company best known for its database resources for librarians. They have a weekly e-mail newsletter named Funny You Should Ask..., which has an assortment of odd questions that librarians receive. This collects some of their favorite questions.
That is about as far as a summary can go. The book is 64 pages of "Why in the world would anybody want to know that?" Some samples:
- My daughter's high school senior project is due Monday morning. She needs to compare Europe and the United States. Do you have that on video?
- Do you have any books to read in here?
- What color is water after it evaporates?
- We need an autobiography about a bear.
- Was Pearl Harbor a famous black American? I have to do a report on one.
- Do you have a copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phonics?
- Would you please pop my popcorn?
I am not really sure if you can get a copy of the book anywhere. I got it from Thomson Gale directly. The book seems unsure of its title: the spine reads, "Funny You Should Ask... Volume 2"; the cover is, "Funny You Should Ask... Return of the Grin (Real-Life Questions from the Reference Desk) Volume 2; and the title page says, "Funny You Should Ask...: Real-Life Questions from the Reference Desk Volume 2." No ISBN, but the code "TRADEFYSA06" appears. Good luck! Maybe just try the e-mail list if this sounds amusing.